Founder & Trustees
Dr.R.Mathivanan- Founder/ Managing Director
Dr,R.Mathivanan is a post graduate in Social work(MSW) with Doctorate of Hons in street theater is the founder of the Trust. He has 35 years of experience in Community development and youth activities. He has served as District youth Cordinator, Nehru Yuva Kendra, Department of youth affairs and sports, Govt of India, for 25 years in various districts of Tamil Nadu.As a Founder of ‘Thedal’ theatre movement, he has performed more than 2000 performances in various parts of Tamil Nadu and Kerala and trained a lot of young street theatre artists all over TamilNadu. Bagged with many national and state awards, he has published the following books:
- Panchayat Raj and Yuva Sakthi Abyan – (1995)
- Thoothukudyin Viduthalai Muthukkal (Freedom Fighters of Thoothukudi) – (2004)
- Menstrual Cycle and Social Believes – (2005)
- Youth Participation in Human Trafficking and HIV/AIDS- (2006)
- Philosophical Gems from Tamil Writers – (2007)
- A hand book on youth skill Development – (2009)
- Angalodu Pengalum (Gender Balance) – (2013)
Mrs.V.Latha Mathivanan – Managing Trustee / Director
Mrs.V.Latha Mathivanan a post graduate in Public Administration is the Director of Arumbugal. She is with the 30 years experience of Community Development and wider exposure to many Socio Eco campaigns .Basically she is a theatre artist with well trained in folk dances.She was honoured with many national and state awards on behalf of Arumbugal Trust. She also works as a family counsellor. At present she is assigned with the membership in the following:-
- Member – State project implementation committee BCRLIP and State Level Steering Committee GOMBRT – Forest Department , Govt of TamilNadu.
- Member- Regional Grievance Redressal committee – Highways Department , Tirunelveli
- Ex.Officio Member- Internal Complaints committee for women in ESI Corporation, All India Radio, Indian Bank , BSNL in Tirunelveli District, Govt of India,
- Hon.Family Counselor – All women Police station , Tirunelveli.
Mrs.U.Saroja chellam – Financial Trustee
Mrs.U.Saroja Chellam a post graduate in social science and English is a teacher working in Pudukottai School. She is a committed social worker who involves herself in lot of Trainings. Her input and novel ideas to Arumbugal is always a boost for its good path.
Mrs.Helen Manoharan – Trustee
Mrs.Helen Manoharan the trustee is a highly experienced social worker in the community development work for more than 25 years. He works particularly with the downtrodden of Madurai. Slum dwellers were very much appreciable by one and all she is a leading women activist and still doing a lot of work to the women in distress and for their socio economic upliftment, in Madurai city and around areas.
Ms.Senthamil Selvi – Trustee
Ms.Senthamil Selvi is a post graduate in Social work. she is an activist. Having a lot of training experience with the students and Adolescents. ‘Elavattam’ a student movement in and around Madurai areas still speaks about her.She has participated in lot of Social Campaigns, particularly, her anti alcoholic campaign through out TamilNadu. At present she is actively involved in the natural farming activities and upliftment of Dalit farmers in watrap areas of Virudhunagar District.